All-Purpose Tire Bead Breaker
For use on:
- ATV’s, UTV’s (aka. Side x Side’s)
- Motorcycles: Street & Dirt, Scooters
- Cars: Passenger & Race Cars (ie. Sprint, Dirt Track)
- Trucks, 4×4’s, Jeeps
- Lawn Mowers, Garden Tractors
- Go Karts, 1/4 Midgets
- Light Aircraft
Available on backorder
BEADBUSTER XB-450 FEATURES:
- Proudly Made in USA
- Durable Steel Construction (AISI 1020 Cold Rolled)
- MIG Welded
- Grd-5 & Grd-8 Hardware
- Polyester Powder Coat Finish
- Padded Clamp Arm (Will not scratch or dent rims)
- Patented Design
- Weight: 3.0 lbs
- Size: 6″ x 6″ x 1-3/4″
- Max Rim Lip Width (clamp opening): 1.70″
- Max Rim Lip Thickness: 0.63″
- Rim Diameter: Any
- Rim Width: Any
- Rim Material: Any
- Max Ram Extension (throw): 1.438″ (see diagram)
>> SEE DIAGRAMS AND DEFINITIONS OF TIRE & WHEEL FEATURES <<
- The BeadBuster XB-450 is our original motorcycle bead breaker, 1st released in October 2012. With the home mechanic and trail rider in mind, it was specifically designed for difficult-to-remove ATV tires, but we soon realized that it worked just as well on just about every kind of tire there is. No adjustment is needed for different tire/wheel sizes. The portable bead breaker is small and perfect for stashing in your glove box or tool box. Save time, money, and frustration by quickly and easily changing your own tires whenever, and wherever you want. All of our motorcycle bead breakers come with FREE Shipping. (USA only, reduced price Int’l shipping)
- A 3/4″ wrench is required to drive the clamp and ram bolts. Hand wrenches will work, power tools are recommended. You can use an impact wrench, but use caution with a 1/2″ impact to not over-torque the bolts.
- Tire Irons are required to finish the job of removing the tire from the rim.
- The XB-450 ATV tire bead breaker will NOT work on wheels that have a reinforcing ring (aka “rock ring”), such as Kawasaki KFX OEM wheels, and certain aftermarket Baja racing wheels. For Reinforced Rims, you need the XB-451 or XB-454 PRO.
- Certain cast aluminum and alloy passenger vehicle rims and large agricultural rims have a profile that prevents the tool from clamping properly (see illustration). See the specifications above; if in doubt, measure your rims and compare to the tool’s spec. limits. For Automotive wheels with curved/angled surfaces, an XB-451 or XB-454 PRO with the optional Long Clamp Arm is needed for proper clamping with those problematic wheels.
- The BeadBuster 45X series was designed for use on the most common Diameters of ATV/UTV Rims: 9″ and larger. Smaller rims (7″ & 8″) have a different and shallower lip profile. Use on these rims may cause damage to the ram foot as the feet can catch on the bead retainer. However, the tool can be effectively used on these smaller rims with a spacer (BB1-SPCR) that we sell. Its a small magnetic pad that effectively shortens the feet for small rims. Damage to the ATV tire bead breaker as a result of use on these smaller rims without the spacer voids the warranty.
SPARE PARTS AVAILABLE: