FREE SHIPPING! (USA only)
All-Purpose Tire Bead Breaker
For use on:
- ATV's, UTV's (aka. Side x Side's)
- Motorcycles: Street & Dirt, Scooters
- Cars: Passenger & Race Cars (ie. Sprint, Dirt Track)
- Trucks, 4×4's, Jeeps
- Lawn Mowers, Garden Tractors
- Go Karts, 1/4 Midgets
- Light Aircraft
- Designed in USA, made with care in Taiwan
- Durable Steel Construction (AISI 1020 Cold Rolled)
- Extra-strong Ram Foot is made from Hardened & Tempered 4130 Chrome-Moly Steel, with a Proof Load of >3,000 lbs
- MIG Welded
- Grd-5 & Grd-8 Hardware
- Polyester Powder Coat Finish
- Padded Clamp Arm (Will not scratch or dent rims)
- Patented Design
- Weight: 2.93 lbs
- Size: 6″ x 6″ x 1-3/4″
- Max Rim Lip Width (clamp opening): 1.70″
- Max Rim Lip Thickness: 0.63″
- Rim Diameter: Any
- Rim Width: Any
- Rim Material: Any
- Max Ram Extension (throw): 1.438″ (see diagram)
- The BeadBuster XB-455 is identical in design to our original XB-450 bead breaker, the difference is it is sourced from Taiwan, and is intended as our wholesale model for distributors, retailers, and dealers. The quality of this tool is exceptional, we have worked diligently with our manufacturing partner in Taiwan to maintain strict quality control, to ensure a final product that will deliver years of reliable use.
- With the home mechanic and trail rider in mind, it was specifically designed for difficult-to-remove ATV tires, but we soon realized that it worked just as well on just about every kind of tire there is. No adjustment is needed for different tire/wheel sizes. It is small, portable, and perfect for stashing in your glove box or tool box. Save time, money, and frustration by quickly and easily changing your own tires whenever, and wherever you want.
- >>Find out Where to Buy the XB-455 in a brick-and-mortar store.
- >>More information on Wholesale Pricing.
- A 3/4″ wrench is required to drive the clamp and ram bolts. Hand wrenches will work, power tools are recommended. You can use an impact wrench, but use caution with a 1/2″ impact to not over-torque the bolts.
- Tire Irons are required to finish the job of removing the tire from the rim.
- The XB-450 will NOT work on ATV wheels that have a reinforcing ring (aka “rock ring”), such as Kawasaki KFX OEM wheels, and certain aftermarket Baja racing wheels. For Reinforced Rims, you need the XB-451 or XB-454 PRO.
- Certain cast aluminum and alloy passenger vehicle rims and large agricultural rims have a profile that prevents the tool from clamping properly (see illustration). See the specifications above; if in doubt, measure your rims and compare to the tool’s spec. limits.
- The BeadBuster 45X series was designed for use on the most common Diameters of ATV/UTV Rims: 9″ and larger. Smaller rims (7″ & 8″) have a different and shallower lip profile. Use on these rims may cause damage to the ram foot as the feet can catch on the bead retainer. However, the tool can be effectively used on these smaller rims with a spacer (BB1-SPCR) that we sell. Its a small magnetic pad that effectively shortens the feet for small rims. Damage to the tool as a result of use on these smaller rims without the spacer voids the warranty.
SPARE PARTS AVAILABLE: