BEADBUSTER XB-454 FEATURES:
- Proudly Made in USA
- Premium Build Quality, extended warranty
- Constructed from Hardened Chrome-Moly Steel (AISI 4140)
- MIG Welded
- All Grd-8 Hardware, >> EXTRA SET of Ram & Clamp Bolts Included
- Polyester Powder Coat Finish
- Quick-Release Clamp Hinge Pin, Including a SPARE Pin
- Complete Set of Clamp Arms Including:
- >> Upgraded “Standard” Chome-Moly Padded Clamp Arm
- >> XB-451 Style Clamp Post for Reinforced Rims, Also Upgraded to Chrome-Moly
- Ram foot >2x Strength of XB-450 & XB-451, Proof Load of 5,000 lbs
- Patented Design
- Weight: 3.87 lbs
- Size: 6″ x 6″ x 1-3/4″
- Max Rim Lip Width (clamp opening): 1.70″
- Max Rim Lip Thickness: 0.63″
- Rim Diameter: Any
- Rim Width: Any
- Rim Material: Any
- Max Ram Extension (throw): 1.438″ (see diagram)
- If you make your living doing tire service, work on a race team, or just have a sizable fleet of toys that go fast, you need the BeadBuster XB-454. This car tire bead breaker is Professional Grade, and we spared no expense in its construction. All of the steel parts are made from premium Chrome-Moly and heat treated for ultimate strength (hardened to >RC57-58), and the hardware is Upgraded to Grade 8. Our Pro Bead Breaker comes with a standard padded clamp arm and a clamp post for reinforced wheels, both upgraded to premium Chrome-Moly steel. We also give you extra hardware just in case anything wears out. The BeadBuster XB-454 has all of the benefits of the original XB-450 & the XB-451, but is made with the finest materials available to so that it can work as hard as you, whether in the shop or at the race track. We Warranty the tire changing tool for a full 3 years.
- The post-style clamp arm is for use on reinforced ATV wheels (aka “Reinforced Rims” or “Rock Rings”). Reinforced Rims (not to be confused with Bead Locks) can be found on Kawasaki KFX OEM wheels, and certain aftermarket Baja racing wheels. >> Learn More
- No adjustment is needed for different tire/wheel sizes. This race car shop tool is small, portable, and perfect for stashing in your glove box or tool box. Save time, money, and frustration by quickly and easily changing your own tires whenever, and wherever you want. All of our car tire bead breakers come with FREE Shipping. (USA only, reduced price Int’l shipping)
- A 3/4″ wrench is required to drive the clamp and ram bolts. Hand wrenches will work, power tools are recommended. You can use an impact wrench, but use caution with a 1/2″ impact to not over-torque the bolts.
- Tire Irons are required to finish the job of removing the tire from the rim.
- Certain cast aluminum and alloy passenger vehicle rims and large agricultural rims have a profile that prevents the tool from clamping properly (see illustration). See the specifications above; if in doubt, measure your rims and compare to the tool’s spec. limits. For Automotive wheels with curved/angled surfaces, use the optional Long Clamp Arm for proper clamping.
- The BeadBuster 45X series was designed for use on the most common Diameters of ATV/UTV Rims: 9″ and larger. Smaller rims (7″ & 8″) have a different and shallower lip profile. Use on these rims may cause damage to the ram foot as the feet can catch on the bead retainer. However, the tool can be effectively used on these smaller rims with a spacer (BB1-SPCR) that we sell. Its a small magnetic pad that effectively shortens the feet for small rims. Damage to the tool as a result of use on these smaller rims without the spacer voids the warranty.
SPARE PARTS AVAILABLE: