Automotive Tire Bead Breaker
For use on:
- Passenger Vehicles: Cars & Trucks
- ATV’s, UTV’s (aka. Side x Side’s)
- Motorcycles: Street & Dirt, Scooters
- Race Cars (ie. Sprint, Dirt Track)
- Trucks, 4×4’s, Jeeps
- Lawn Mowers, Garden Tractors
- Go Karts, 1/4 Midgets
- Light Aircraft
Out of stock
- Proudly Made in USA
- Durable Steel Construction (AISI 1020 Cold Rolled)
- MIG Welded
- Grd-5 & Grd-8 Hardware
- Polyester Powder Coat Finish
- Removable Standard Clamp Arm & Long Clamp Arm (Will not scratch or dent rims)
- Patented Design
- Weight: 3.80 lbs
- Size: 6″ x 6″ x 1-3/4″
- Max Rim Lip Width (clamp opening): 1.70″
- Max Rim Lip Thickness: 0.63″
- Rim Diameter: Any
- Rim Width: Any
- Rim Material: Any
- Max Ram Extension (throw): 1.438″ (see diagram)
- The BeadBuster XB-452 manual bead breaker tool has all of the benefits of the original XB-450, with the addition of a removable clamp arm, and a extra long clamp arm that is necessary to use with cast aluminum and alloy passenger vehicle rims which have contouring or angled clamping surfaces that make the standard, shorter, clamp arm difficult to use. The long clamp arm will project about 3″ below the feet of the 45X tools, and contact the rim further down where the clamping surface is more parallel to the tool axis. (See Illustration)
- *NOTE* this has been proven to be an effective solution for these difficult rim shapes, but extra care must be taken when clamping because the clamp force will tend to rock the tool backwards, away from the rim, possibly causing the ram foot to miss the bead bundle. The tool still needs to be aligned perpendicular to the face of the rim to properly break the bead; additional care and manual pressure may be required to ensure alignment.
- No adjustment is needed for different tire/wheel sizes. This portable bead breaker is small and perfect for stashing in your glove box or tool box. Save time, money, and frustration by quickly and easily changing your own tires whenever, and wherever you want. All BeadBuster Automotive tire bead breakers come with FREE Shipping. (USA only, reduced price Int’l shipping)
- A 3/4″ wrench is required to drive the clamp and ram bolts. Hand wrenches will work, power tools are recommended. You can use an impact wrench, but use caution with a 1/2″ impact to not over-torque the bolts.
- Tire Irons are required to finish the job of removing the tire from the rim.
- The XB-452 will NOT work on ATV wheels that have a reinforcing ring (aka “rock ring”), such as Kawasaki KFX OEM wheels, and certain aftermarket Baja racing wheels. For Reinforced Rims, you need the XB-451 or XB-454 PRO.
- The BeadBuster 45X series ATV tire changers were designed for use on the most common Diameters of ATV/UTV Rims: 9″ and larger. Smaller rims (7″ & 8″) have a different and shallower lip profile. Use on these rims may cause damage to the ram foot as the feet can catch on the bead retainer. However, the tool can be effectively used on these smaller rims with a spacer (BB1-SPCR) that we sell. Its a small magnetic pad that effectively shortens the feet for small rims. Damage to the tool as a result of use on these smaller rims without the spacer voids the warranty.
SPARE PARTS AVAILABLE:
- Ram Foot
- High Strength Ram Foot
- Long Clamp Arm for Automotive Wheels
- Ram Screw
- Hinge Pin
- Clamp Pad
- Extension Spring