- Proudly made in USA
- 4-way Configurable for a Variety of Rim Sizes (2 sided Ram Foot and Included Magnetic Spacer)
- Durable Steel Construction (AISI 1020 Cold Rolled)
- Extremely Rugged Design, Heavy Duty for Big Tires
- MIG Welded
- Grd-5 Hardware
- Polyester Powder Coat Finish
- Padded Clamp Arm (Will not scratch or dent rims)
- Patented Design
- Weight: 6.7 lbs
- Size: 10″ x 9″ x 3″
- Max Rim Lip Depth Range (foot length): 0.585″ to ~1.50″
- Max Rim Lip Width (clamp opening): 2.70″
- Max Rim Lip Thickness: 1.75″
- Rim Diameter: Any
- Rim Width: Any
- Rim Material: Any
- Max Ram Extension (throw): 2.756″ (see diagram)
- The BeadBuster XB-550 Heavy Duty OTR bead breaker is the big brother of the original XB-450. All of the 45X series tools have the same design geometry, but the 550 tire tool for big trucks is larger in every way. Heavier steel, thicker walls, more extension; the BeadBuster XB-550 tractor tire bead breaker was designed to handle the BIG tires that you’ll find on agricultural and industrial OTR wheels, large trucks, military vehicles, etc. However, we created a patented configurable ram foot that can accommodate a large range of rim lip sizes, and it will still work on ATV/UTV*. There are 4 different foot length configurations, so that you can get the feet as close to the Bead Seat as possible without touching the Bead Retainer, but still get good purchase on top of the Bead Bundle. It’s still far more portable than any other OTR bead breaker, and much less expensive. If you are a farmer, business owner, or a large vehicle enthusiast; you can use this pneumatic tire bead breaker to easily change your own tires whenever, and wherever you want. All of our tractor tire bead breakers come with FREE Shipping. (USA only, reduced price Int’l shipping)
- A 15/16″ wrench is required to drive the clamp and ram bolts. Hand wrenches will work, power tools are recommended. You can use an impact wrench, but use caution with a 1/2″ pneumatic impact to not over-torque the bolts. A 3/8″ or 1/2″ cordless impact wrench is ideal.
- Tire Spoons are required to finish the job of removing the tire from the rim. Very large tires (>48″ dia.) may require even larger tire irons.
- The XB-550 will NOT work on 7″-8″ ATV wheels. It will work on 9″ or larger ATV wheels
- Certain cast aluminum and alloy passenger vehicle rims have a profile that prevents the tool from clamping properly (see illustration). See the specifications above; if in doubt, measure your rims and compare to the tool’s spec. limits.
SPARE PARTS AVAILABLE: